With the blessing of His Grace Bishop Irenei, the Divine Liturgy will be celebrated in Ashford on Saturday, 23rd June (n.s.) 2018 to mark the 150th anniversary of the birth of the Tsar-Martyr St Nicholas II.
Liturgies are currently being celebrated in Ashford in advance of forming a mission parish in the region. All those in the area are invited to this celebration of the Divine Liturgy, and to join the community of faithful already assembling there on a regular basis for the Divine Services.
Details on the forthcoming Liturgy are as follows:
Русская Православная Церковь Заграницей
Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia
Великобританская и Ирландская Епархия
Diocese of Great Britain and Ireland
On the occasion of the
150th Anniversary of the Birth of the Tsar-Martyr Nicholas
Will Celebrate the Divine Liturgy
St Christopher’s Church, Boughton Lees, Ashford TN25 4HP
Суббота 23-ого июня в 10.00 / Saturday 23 June 10.00
Parking in Lees Road (opposite church)
Подробности: Звоните прот. Андрею Филлипс на 01394 273820 (по вечерам)
Further Details: Telephone Archpriest Andrew Phillips on 01394 273820 (evenings)
The next Archpastoral visitation of His Grace Bishop Irenei will be from 4th - 23rd July. Below is an outline confirmed visitations on that stay.
- 6th-8th: Commemorative Festivities of the Holy Royal Martyrs on the Isle of Wight.
- Thursday 12th: Feast of Sts Peter & Paul:Venue to be announced.
- Saturday 14th: DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE: To the miraculous well of St Margaret and St Frideswide in Binsey (near Oxford), with Divine Liturgy in the ancient church at 9.45 a.m. followed by moleben at the Holy Well. His Grace will chair a meeting of the Diocesan Council this day as well. At 5.00 p.m., Vigil at the Diocesan Cathedral.
- Sunday 15th: 9.45 a.m.: Greeting and Hierarchical Divine Liturgy (10.00) at Dicoesan Cathedral.
- Monday 16th: 6.00 p.m.: Vigil of the Feast (Diocesan Cathedral, lower Church).
- Tuesday 17th: Feast of the Holy Royal Martyrs (Altar Feast of Cathedral lower Church): 9.00 a.m. Hierarchical Divine Liturgy of the Feast, followed by a luncheon in Cathedral Hall in honour of Feast and the 100th Anniversary of the Martyrdom of the Royal Family.
- Wednesday 18th: Royal Martyrs Sts Elisabeth & Barbara: Hierarchical Divine Liturgy in Cathedral.
- Saturday 21st: Kazan Icon of the Theotokos, the Altar Feast of the Cardiff Parish: 9.00 a.m. Hierarchical Divine Liturgy of the Feast in Cardiff. Reception to follow Liturgy.
- Sunday 22nd:Altar Feast of St Elisabeth, Wallasey: 9.45 greeting of the Bishop, 10:00 Hierarchical Divine Liturgy of the Feast in Wallasey, with Cross Procession and veneration of relics of St Elisabeth and St Barbara. A Garden Party will follow the Liturgy.
Spiritual talks will be scheduled during the visit. As ever, those wishing to meet formally with the Bishop are invited to contact the Diocesan Chancellor, Archpriest Paul Elliott, to have a meeting added to the calendar, or to approach Bishop Irenei directly during his visit to speak personally.
Welcome to the web site of the Russian Orthodox Diocese of Great Britain and Ireland. We invite you to explore the host of information provided here, and above all to visit one of our parishes to join us in prayer to the Holy Trinity in a land where Holy Orthodoxy was introduced in Apostolic times.